Well, I haven't posted lately because things have been quiet. And in this situation, quiet is good...but also annoying. It's good because we aren't doing anything like running off to a "foreign land", but annoying because of the whole hurry up and wait thing I mentioned in my last post.
So since the last post, it's just been the usual stay at home mom stuff...chores, making sure our kid survives to his 18th birthday...ya know...the usual stuff. And to spice it up, been doing some chemotherapy.
When we got back from Houston my mom came to help out some and that was fun...mostly because I got to relive a little bit of my teenage years, where I did nothing and she cooked and cleaned and I played some video games....but then she left...sigh. 😩
I try to do all the things like I used to do mainly because often times I don't really FEEL sick, or I don't FEEL like chemotherapy is really taking it's toll. But then I try to do all the good old stuff, and I end up over doing it. So it's been a bit of a change to listen to my body and to actually take it easy when it says "sit the fnck down!!"
Like this week, for example, because of the chemotherapy, my blood counts have dropped (which is totally expected). And I may not be low enough to get a transfusion, but low enough to where I can feel myself being
tired more easily...and it's not the tired like you didn't get enough sleep, but the tired where you're winded after a work out. So, I dropped my son off to my in-laws who were so kind to take him so last minute. So then I went home, did some light cleaning and just took it easy for the rest of the day.
As a technically able bodied mom, I do feel bad, because it kind of felt like I was just "dumping" him onto them and flitting off to super fun things. But honestly, it was probably best for the both of us. He got to go play in a sandbox, and I got to do quiet things.
Welp, that's all that's pretty much gone on since my last post. Like I said, it's been quiet.
I'm also posting a pic of Stefan, Mikkel, and myself with my hair coming back! 😊

No comments:
Post a Comment